Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blogging/Crafting

Hi. Okay, so I've never "blogged" before. Thought I would give it a try & talk about my crafting and whatever else I want to. Ya, I'm getting older and things slip my mind so, ya, this will be a useful reference to myself to go back and remember things.  So.....

I started crafting when I was a wee one.  My mom was always sewing, crocheting, and the such.  I remember I got an interest when my grandparents came down for the Christmas Holiday when I was 8.  My grandma taught me the basics of crocheting. You remember the soda pop ring wreath ornaments?  Here is an image.  She taught me sl st, sc, dc, and chain. Everything else I learned on my own with the help of diagrams on the back of the paper that's wrapped around yarn w/ patterns. My interests in making things only grew from there.  I've dabbled in about everything, but would have to say crocheting is my favorite crafting hobby.

Any who, every fall/winter I pick it back up again.  Recently I posted some photos of some of my handy work on facebook and friends started sending messages like "Can you make this?" etc.  Well, since I love making things and love putting smiles on friends faces of course I complied.  My daughter's nurse kept pushing me to open an online shop so.... here I am.  I'm still in the process of organizing everything and building it up but I'm on my way.  I'm happy to just make a few bucks here and there doing something that I love to do.

So far mostly everything that has been requested for me to make has been about impossible to find patterns for.  This started me writing my own patterns.  Some things are just rare things other things are items for special needs children to accommodate them in ways that typical things in a store will not.  For example, I have a friend whose son has cerebral palsy, he can not open his fingers well and placing his fingers into gloves is about impossible. No, mittens don't even work, the thumb is even difficult for her to get into the thumb hole.  So, I came up with a thumbless and fingerless glove for him to keep those wee fingers warm in the cold months.  Creating things like this brings huge joy to my heart!

That's a little bit of my story.  Warning, I can be very long winded and I don't really know what I'm doing w/ this whole blog thing yet but... here I am :) Hi!

Ang aka Miss Knit-Fit
Facebook
Raverly
ETSY

0 comments:

Post a Comment