Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Miss Knit-Fit's Hair Bows

Miss Knit-Fit's Hair Bows


A free pattern for:


Finished Size: 5.25" in width

These are really simple and quick to work up.

These are basic instructions just to get the idea and you can change the length and width, even the stitch... Want to add some more details? Try working in BL (backloop) only or every other row ;)

So, grab your favorite yarn from your stash and a hook (I used a G)

Chain 21
Turn, SC in 2nd chain from hook and in each across (20)
Chain 1, turn. SC in each across including the first where you Chain 1 (20)
Repeat the last row for 12 times....
Now, just a piece of yarn (the color you want the center to be -- doesn't have to be the same as the bow (your current rectangle) Fold the center of the bow evenly squishing it together and tie that long piece of yarn around it, grab a hair elastic or two (I use two, more durable) .... and start wrapping tightly around the bow and through the hair elastics and finish off all end pieces and weave into the bow
Wah-Lah... You have an easy and simple hair bow :)
Next time I make more I will take some more photos through the steps and add them to this post for better visual details.
Enjoy. 
Please do not redistribute my free patterns w/out linking back to my blog or my Raverly Shop.



1 comments:

Post a Comment